Shattering the Shackles of Storm
Xeer (blood money)
Blood Money prices of social order. Lashings, physical discipline, and payment of lives are the major forms of penance.
- <meta />If a Master disciplines or strikes his own slave,
- No Penalty
- <meta />Must never harm or discipline another masters’ slave. “A slave is mine alone!”
- <meta />1 Finger for every offense.
- 20 lashings there after.
- <meta />Stole property of another master even through the hands of a slave. “You steal from my slave you steal from me!”
- <meta />12 Lashings per piece of property.
- <meta />If a serious wound is inflicted on another without the contract of a duel,
- <meta />you must pay a single slave.
- <meta />If a Master is slain, his slaves are given to the Master above him.
- <meta />Transgressor must pay the number of slaves equal to half of the deceased stock.
- <meta />If the transgressor cannot pay, he must submit to the new Master.
- <meta />If a Master is slain in his own house or on his own property, his slaves are given to the Master above him.
- <meta />Transgressor must pay all of his slaves..
- <meta />If the transgressor has no slaves, he is reduced in caste to a lower slave.
- <meta />If a guest of a house is slain or maimed,
- <meta />Then servitude to wounded. All slaves be turned over to wounded.
- <meta />If an animal of any kind that was to be used in official rites is harmed or killed,
- <meta />Must sacrifice finest slave to Ompalam to repent.
- <meta />NO Penalty for the death of a Jokatu. “The Traitor is a threat to yours!”
- <meta />NO Penalty for the discipline of a Selarn. “A Thief cannot be rewarded”
- <meta />No outright penalty for the deception of the prices of slaves or property “A misguided sale is smart as long as you are on top!”
- <meta />If a Tentacule (the High Slavery God) confirms the misdeed, then you must pay more than originally offered.
- Bribery is not legal, but you must be willing to continue the deed if anyone finds out.